Glenelg Day Surgery implements rigorous infection control and prevention strategies and procedures.
Glenelg Day Surgery implements a comprehensive organisational wide quality management system to protect against the transmission of infection. The quality management system involves all staff, healthcare professionals, patients and visitors in infection control prevention strategies, which include:
- Rigorous and continuous surveillance.
- Educating staff, medical practitioners, patients and carers.
- Staff immunisation program.
- Compliance with infection control principles and practices and AS/NZS4187.
- Hand hygiene and aseptic technique surveillance.
- Environmental testing.
- Participation in benchmarking with other private hospital facilities and the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards Clinical Indicator program.