Compliments & Complaints
To continue providing quality and safe health care, Glenelg Day Surgery works hard to be responsive to patient, carer and community needs. We are very interested in your feedback and we greatly value your input. Please fill out one of our Patient Satisfaction Surveys or make a Compliment or Complaint to any of our staff.
To be responsive to your needs we engage patients, carers and consumers to gather their input and feedback. We do this at Glenelg Day Surgery through a number of strategies which include:
- Having a dedicated consumer representative, Ms Jo Footner. Jo reviews our facility, processes, documentation, complements & complaints, and how we engage with patients and carers at Glenelg Day Surgery. Jo is also a member of our Quality Improvement Committee with clinical & administration managers and all staff.
- Provision of written information and brochures.
- Involving the patient and carer in the treatment episode, including a detailed clinical handover to the carer at the completion of the procedure.
- A Compliments and Complaints process where the the results are used to provide constructive feedback to improve our processes.
- Encouraging patients, carers and consumers to ask questions of the doctors and staff if they are unclear or would like more information about their medical treatment or rights and responsibilities. This includes us providing a comforting and open environment at the day surgery that encourages questions and information transfer.
- Patient Satisfaction Surveys are provided to patients on a regular basis. The results are used to provide useful feedback to improve our process and quality of care.
- Glenelg Day Surgery staff and healthcare professionals undertake training on how to engage with patients, understand patient needs, and partner with the patient to provide the healthcare episode.
We are dedicated to involving patients in their healthcare and improving our services. Your feedback is greatly valued. We encourage patients and carers to fill out one of our Patient Satisfaction Surveys or make a Compliment or Complaint to any of our staff or write to us at:
The Safety & Quality Officer
Glenelg Day Surgery
24 Gordon Street Glenelg SA 5045
Phone: 8294 2333
Fully Accredited Day Surgery
Glenelg Day Surgery is a fully accredited private day surgical facility and member of the Australian Private Hospital Association. Glenelg Day Surgery specialises in plastic surgery, endovascular procedures, skin cancer surgery, oral & maxillofacial surgery, urological procedures, cosmetic surgery and assisted reproductive procedures.