Infection Control Prevention Strategies
Glenelg Day Surgery implements rigorous infection control and prevention strategies and procedures.
Glenelg Day Surgery implements a comprehensive organisational wide quality management system to protect against the transmission of infection. The quality management system involves all staff, healthcare professionals, patients and visitors in infection control prevention strategies, which include:
- Rigorous and continuous surveillance
- Continuous educating staff
- Implementing an Antibiotic Management Strategy to ensure responsible prescription of antibiotic prophylaxis during the peri-operative episode
- Staff immunisation program
- Compliance with infection control principles and practices and AS/NZS4187
- Hand hygiene and aseptic technique surveillance
- Environmental testing
- Participation in the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards Clinical Indicator program for day surgery and anaesthetic indicators.
Day Surgery & Specialist Centre
Fully Accredited Day Surgery
Glenelg Day Surgery is a fully accredited private day surgical facility and member of the Australian Private Hospital Association. Glenelg Day Surgery specialises in plastic surgery, endovascular procedures, skin cancer surgery, oral & maxillofacial surgery, urological procedures, cosmetic surgery and assisted reproductive procedures.